HotBin Mark 2 200 litre Compost Bin
The HotBin Mark 2. 200 Litre Compost Bin "hot composts" all year round to recycle your food and garden waste faster. It works well in the sun or shade but should be sited on an even surface.
You can expect a rich compost every 90 days with no need to turn the waste, as the HotBin maximises the perfect conditions to make hot composting easy.
Bacteria decomposing the waste generates heat within the HotBin Mark 2. 200 Litre Compost Bin, which provides effective aeration through the bottom air inlet plate and the air outlet rotating valve. It also removes excess water through the valve as steam and allows you to control the rate of heat loss.
The HotBin can achieve hot composting between 40-60 degrees, which means it can produce a rich compost faster. As hotter temperatures can be achieved you can recycle more types of household waste including food waste and grass cuttings.
Made from Expanded Polypropylene or EPP, the HotBin is made of just 4% raw material and 96% air making the HotBin very resource efficient!
- Thermometer in lid
- Airtight lid to reduce smells and keep out vermin
- Aeration valve plate to moderate temperature
- Biofilter unit to stop foul smells
- Insulated walls for heat retention and rapid composting
- Aeration base plate to disperse air within the bin
- Easy to remove hatch door panel to take out mature compost
- How to use guide included
- 25 litre bag of bulking agent (composted wood chip) to use with food waste
- Internal thermometer to monitor temperature in top layer of waste
- Raking stick
- Winter 'kick start' heater (also known as a 'hot water bottle')
- An angled internal base funnels Leachate towards the drainage cap, this liquid can then be used as a liquid fertiliser
|Model||Capacity (l)||Height (mm)||Width (mm)||Depth (mm)||Depth when lid fully opened (mm)||Height when lid fully opened (mm)|
|HotBin Mini 100 Litre Compost Bin.||100||1125||450||450||530||1420|
|HotBin Mark 2. 200 Litre Compost Bin.||200||1145||550||550||675||1605|